Is it just us or does life often feel overwhelming? Now more than ever we must take steps to make sure we are thriving – living our healthiest and happiest lives regardless of what is going on around us. At Little Way, we know we are at our best when we take care of every part of our health: body, mind, and spirit. When one is out of balance, we’re out of balance. So here are few tips to start thriving instead of surviving:
These tips may be common knowledge to most, but let’s resolve together to actually do them regularly.
- Drink water – most underestimate the power of staying hydrated! It’s critical to energy, clear thinking, and digestion.
- Move your body – take the stairs, park further away, or walk with a friend. You can improve your physical health in just 15 minutes a day!
- Eat well – whole foods are always better for you than processed.
- Sleep – go to bed before midnight and aim for at least 7 hours.
These may be hard to do but necessary for us to thrive.
- Choose joy – be positive, give people the benefit of the doubt, and forgive.
- Cultivate healthy relationships – spend time with people who are moving forward in life and bring out the best in you.
- Set goals – improving yourself and your surroundings provides a lasting feel-good boost.
- Make choices you’re proud of – make tough decisions based on facts and your values, even if it feels scary.
This may look different for each of us, but it is important to connect to our spiritual side.
- Be grateful – you do have blessings (even if they seem to be few). Thankfulness is key to happiness.
- Listen – tune in to those instincts that tell you to be careful, to do good, that nudge you to take a leap of faith.
- Worry less – Worry steals joy and doesn’t accomplish anything. Pray for guidance in tough situations.
- Seek spiritual truth – Ask questions. Investigate. Have conversations with people you trust.
Working on body, mind, and spirit helps us to live a joyful life. Make a note in your phone or tell a friend about the things above that you want to work on.
One thing you can be sure of – Little Way will take a holistic approach to your health in the face of an unplanned pregnancy, helping you thrive physically, mentally, and spiritually. So, whether you are considering abortion, adoption, or parenting we are here for you. We can provide medical services (including free pregnancy tests and ultrasounds), a listening ear, and all the information you need to make the best decision for yourself. Make an appointment today; our team of doctors, nurses, and client advocates is here to help.
Appointments // Free Services // Your Options // Abortion Info
Share this Post